ID Theft Protection
We know how important it is to protect your personal information. That is why we've partnered with NXG Strategies one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery – If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, we will assign you to a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes! This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions. Please refer to Terms and Conditions PDF for details.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – up to $10,000* – you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to the program limit, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage. Evidence of Coverage PDF
Fully Managed Identity Theft RecoveryIf you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with ILWU Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Please refer to Terms and Conditions PDF for details.
To learn more and request assistance contact us at 866.445.9828 during regular business hours.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available to residents of the state of New York and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.
Here are some simple tips to help protect your identity online
- Use a current web browser.
- Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources.
- Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password.
- Protect your online passwords. Do not write them down or share them with anyone.
- Protect your answers to security questions. Select questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess. Do not write down your security questions or answers or share them with anyone. If you have selected security questions on other websites, avoid using the same questions to protect your ILWU online account. Please note that we will never ask you to provide answers to your security questions via email or text message.
- Use secure websites for transactions and shopping. Shop with merchants you know and trust. Make sure internet purchases are secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for "secure transaction" symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or "https://" in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Close your browser when you are not using the internet.