Unlike a bank, ILWU Credit Union membership provides value, support and personalized service for the unique needs of union workers and the Longshore community. Membership is open to anyone who is a member of the I.L.W.U. Locals in California, Local 142 in Hawaii, and the ILWU Alaska Longshore Division.
Who can join?
- Anyone who is a member of the ILWU in California
- Members of ILWU Local 142
- Members of the ILWU Alaska Longshore Division
- Immediate family members of the ILWU members mentioned above including: grandparents, parents, spouse, domestic partners, children, grandchildren, siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews
What do you need to join?
Complete our online Membership Application.
Or you can download a paper application Membership Application and submit it to us either by mail or by taking it to an ILWU Credit Union location. You will need the following information to complete either application:
- Social Security number
- Driver's License or government-issued ID
- Current home address
- Longshoreman issued ID (Longshoremen or Casual)
- $6 ($1 membership fee and $5 minimum opening deposit for ILWU Credit Union Savings Account)